Last updated 2021-01-17 1. INTRODUCTION
DGTL TECH UK LLP is the company name, our brand name, DGTL.TECH ("we", "us", or "our") is committed to protecting and respecting the personal data that we hold. This privacy statement describes why and how we collect and use personal data and provides information about individuals' rights. It applies to personal data provided to us, both by individuals themselves or by others. We may use personal data provided to us for the purposes described in this privacy statement or as made clear before collecting personal data.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. When collecting and using personal data, our policy is to be transparent about why and how we process personal data.
We process personal data for numerous purposes, and the means of collection, lawful basis of processing, use, disclosure, and retention periods for each purpose are set out in the relevant sections below.
The personal data that is provided to us is provided either directly from the individual concerned, from a third party acting on behalf of an individual, or from publicly available sources (such as but not limited to internet searches).
Where we receive personal data that relates to an individual from a third party, we request that this third party inform the individual of the necessary information regarding the use of their data. Where necessary, reference may be made to this privacy statement. 2. SECURITY
We take the security of all the data we hold seriously. Staff is trained on data protection, confidentiality, and security.
We have a framework of policies and procedures that ensure we regularly review the appropriateness of the measures we have to keep the data we hold secure.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. 3. DATA THAT WE HOLD 3.1 Purpose
This section highlights how DGTL TECH UK LLP uses customer data. Customers are individuals or organizations that purchase a product of ours. We provide services to individuals as well as organizations. The exact data held will depend on the services to be provided.
We may collect and process personal data to satisfy a contractual or operational obligation where we engage with individuals. We request that individuals only provide the personal data required to fulfill our contractual or operational obligation.
3.1.1 Why do we process data? Where data is collected, it is used for several purposes, as follows:
- Providing services to you.
- Individual needs of our clients and to ensure that their needs are appropriately satisfied.
- Administration. To manage and administer our business and services, we may collect and process personal data. This may include (but is not limited to) maintaining internal business records, managing candidate and client relationships, administering candidate/client facing applications.
- Regulatory. For DGTL TECH UK LLP to do what it does, we may, from time to time, be required to collect and process personal data to fulfill regulatory, legal, or ethical requirements. This may include (but is not limited to) the verification of the identity of individuals.
3.1.2 What data is processed? The data that is processed is dependent on the service that is being provided and on the recipient of this service. Services to customers.
Personal data may include name, contact details, IP addresses, business address, job titles, credit card details, and other specifically relevant data.
3.1.3 How long do we hold data for? We retain the personal data processed by us for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. There may also be occasions that will require data to be kept for longer. However, this will typically be for legal purposes. 3.2 Business contacts
Business contacts are individuals or organizations that we use to provide a service on our behalf or DGTL TECH UK LLP. Personal data from our contacts, which covers both potential and prior customers, are held in our customer relationship management tool (CRM tool).
This information is entered into the system after contact is made between a staff member of DGTL TECH UK LLP and an individual or a business contact individual.
3.2.1 Why do we process data? Where personal data on business contacts is held, it is used for several purposes, as follows:
- Promote and develop our services.
- Hosting and facilitating events.
- Relationship management.
- Administration and management.
3.2.2 What data do we hold? Personal data that may be stored in the CRM tool includes, but is not limited to, name, email address, physical address, job title, and details of the communication between us.
3.2.3 How long do we hold data for? We retain the personal data processed by us for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. 3.3 Our people
We collect personal data for our people as part of the administration, management, and promotion of our business activities.
Our staff handbook and partnership deed explain further how personal data is held for our staff and partners.
3.3.1 Applicants Where an individual is applying to work for DGTL TECH UK LLP, personal data is collected through the application process.
There are several purposes that personal data for applicants are collected.
Employment. We process an applicant's personal data to assess their potential employment at DGTL TECH UK LLP.
Administration and management. We may also use this personal data to make informed management decisions and for administration purposes.
Personal data collected for applicants is held for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or for a maximum of one year where those purposes no longer become necessary. 3.4 Suppliers
We collect and process personal data about our suppliers, subcontractors, and individuals associated with them. The data is held to manage our relationship, to contract and receive services from them, and in some cases, to provide professional services to our clients.
3.4.1 Why do we process data?
- Receiving goods and services. We process personal data with our suppliers and their staff as necessary to receive the services.
- Providing services to our clients. Where a supplier is helping us deliver professional services to our clients, we process personal data about the individuals involved in providing the services to administer and manage our relationship with the supplier and the relevant individuals and provide such services to our clients.
- Administering, managing, and developing our businesses and services. We process personal data to run our business, including:
- managing our relationship with suppliers;
- developing our businesses and services (such as identifying client needs and improvements in service delivery);
- maintaining and using IT systems;
- hosting or facilitating the hosting of events;
- administering and managing our website and systems and applications.
- Security, quality, and risk management activities. We have security measures to protect our and our clients' information (including personal data), which involve detecting, investigating, and resolving security threats. Personal data may be processed as part of the security monitoring that we undertake, for example, automated scans to identify harmful emails. We have policies and procedures to monitor the quality of our services and manage risks with our suppliers. We collect and hold personal data as part of our supplier contracting procedures. We monitor the services provided for quality purposes, which may involve processing personal data.
- Complying with any requirement of law, regulation, or a professional body of which we are a member. We are subject to legal, regulatory, and professional obligations. We need to keep certain records to show we comply with those obligations, and those records may contain personal data.
3.4.2 What data do we hold? We will hold the supplier's names, contacts names, and contact details of suppliers.
3.4.3 How long do we hold data for? We retain the personal data processed by us for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. We may hold data for longer periods required by law or regulation and to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights. 4. PEOPLE WHO USE OUR WEBSITE
When people visit our website, personal data is collected through automated tracking and interacting with various forms on the website or apps (collectively referred to as the websites).
Personal data may be collected when individuals fill in forms on our websites or correspond with us by phone, email, or otherwise. This includes information provided when individual registers use our websites, subscribe to our service, and inquire.
For more information, please visit our Cookies Policy
. 5. SHARING PERSONAL DATA
We will only share personal data with others when we are legally permitted to do so. When we share data with others, we put contractual arrangements and security mechanisms to protect the data and comply with our data protection, confidentiality, and security standards.
We may transfer personal data held by us to:
6. LOCATIONS OF PROCESSING
- Third-party organizations that otherwise assist us in providing goods, services, or information
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Law enforcement or regulatory agencies or those required by law or regulations
- Occasionally, we may receive requests from third parties with the authority to obtain personal data disclosure, such as to check that we are complying with applicable law and regulation, investigate an alleged crime, establish, exercise, or defend legal rights. We will only fulfill requests for personal data where we are permitted to do so following applicable law or regulation.
Where possible, personal data may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely following this privacy statement.
We have taken steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection and that all personal data transfers outside the EU are done lawfully. We transfer personal data outside of the EU to a country not determined by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data. The transfers will be under an agreement that covers the EU requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EU. 7. INDIVIDUAL'S RIGHTS
Individuals have certain rights over their personal data, and data controllers are responsible for fulfilling these rights as follows:
- Individuals may request access to their personal data held by us as a data controller.
- Individuals may request us to rectify personal data submitted to us or, where appropriate, contact us via the relevant website registration page or by amending the personal details held on relevant applications with which they registered.
- Individuals may request that we erase their personal data.
- We process personal data based on consent. Individuals may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us or clicking on the unsubscribe link in an email received from us.
- Individuals may have other rights to restrict or object to our personal data processing and the right to data portability.
- Individuals may request information about, or human intervention into, any automated data processing that we may undertake.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send an email to email@example.com
. 8. COMPLAINTS
We hope you won't ever need to, but if you want to complain about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will look into and respond to any complaints we receive.
You have the right to complain with the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner's Office ("ICO"). For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/concerns
. 9. DATA CONTROLLER AND CONTACT INFORMATION
The data controller for DGTL TECH UK LLP is DGTL TECH UK LLP.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how and why we process personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
. 10. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
Updates to this privacy statement will appear on this website.